There are a couple of Maritimes Butterfly Atlas events being put on by John Klymko a zoologist with the Atlantic Canada Conservation Data Centre. These are being done in conjunction with the Natural History Society of PEI, and the PEI National Park. Details on the events are below.
- Date Friday August 12, 2011
- Start Time: 6:30 pm
- Where: Greenwich Interpretive
- Description : 45 minute presentation on PEI butterflies and the Maritimes Butterfly Atlas.
- Date Saturday – August 13, 2011
- Time: 10:00AM-12:30PM
- Where: Rendez-vous at 10:00 am at St. Peters Bay Community Centre, PEI
- Description: Join John Klymko for butterfly survey around St. Peters. You will learn how to make a voucher specimen, how to photograph butterflies for the Atlas, and how to fill out data sheets. If you have atlas equipment from previous presentations or workshops bring it along. Kits will be available to anyone else who would like to participate (participation is free, though a $20 donation for each kit is encouraged).
- To register please contact Tara McNally at 902-672-6350, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’ve seen John do a presentation on PEI butterflies before there’ll be some review. The Saturday outing will be cancelled if it is raining.
Atlantic Canada Conservation Data Centre
PO Box 6416, Sackville, NB E4L 1G6