There is a very exciting weekend ahead!
Nature PEI will continue celebrations of its 50th Anniversary with a “Picnic Weekend” from Friday August 23 to Sunday August 25th, 2019 that will include a series of special events and walks. A schedule and details of events are attached.
In addition to the Nature PEI festivities there will be a special presentation on Insects on Friday August 23 at the Farm Center, that may be of interest to you.
50th Anniversary Picnic Weekend
in Association with PEI National Park
Celebrating 50 years of Citizen Science on PEI
August 23-25th, 2019
Friday August 23, 2019
- 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm Reception, Ravenwood, Experimental Farm, Mt Edward Rd.
- 7: 00 pm – 7:45 pm Nature Walk on the Confederation Trail. Meet at Ravenwood.
- In addition to the Nature PEI festivities there will be a special public presentation on Insects on Friday August 23 at the Farm Center from 9:00am – 10:30am and will be a showing of insects in the garden 10:30am – 12:30 pm (hosted by The Acadian Entomological Society and the PEI Horticultural Association), that may be of interest to you.
Saturday August 24, 2019
- 1:30 pm All About Dragonflies, Southport Rm, Stratford Town Hall. Nature PEI welcomes Robert Harding of Parks Canada, an excellent teacher and a student of these superb hunters/fliers. After the presentation, weather permitting, we hope to capture (and release) some dragonflies at Pondside Park. All ages are welcome.
- 6:00 pm Mackerel Fishing, Charlottetown waterfront. Meet at the red 2019 sign by the Delta Hotel at 6. Pre-Register with leader Gerald MacDougall email@example.com Gerald will provide a limited number of rods, or bring your own fishing rod. No license is required.
Sunday August 25, 2019
- 6:00 am Birding trip Charlottetown to East Point. Meet at Provincial Administration Building parking lot by 11 Kent Street Charlottetown for car-pooling and departure at 6:00 am. Travelling to East Pt. with stops along the way and returning via Greenwich, PEI National Park for the Nature PEI – Natural History Society 50th Anniversary Picnic at noon. Led by: Dan McAskill, Dwaine Oakley
- 10:00 am Greenwich Walk. Meet at Greenwich Interpretive Center PEI National Park. Walk through woods, wetland boardwalk and dunes to the beach with leader, Senator Diane Griffin.
- 12:00 Noon Greenwich Barbecue and Picnic at the Greenwich Interpretive Centre, PEI National Park. Bring your own picnic lunch or consume favorites from the barbecue and salad table.
- 1:30 pm Greenwich Walk. Meet at Greenwich Interpretive Center. Walk through woods, wetland boardwalk and dunes to the beach with leader, Robert Harding of Parks Canada.
Everyone is welcome to attend all these free events – please spread the word and bring a friend along.