The Prince Edward Island Invasive Species Council (PEIISC) is a non-profit group of individuals and organizations focused on creating a framework for the management of invasive species that threaten PEIs economic, environmental, and social health.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are looking for two highly motivated individuals to fill two similar positions. One will be the NSISC Project Coordinator and one will be the PEIISC Project Coordinator. Each will be responsible for coordinating local projects and programs and leading and growing each organization while working to prevent invasive species spread and impacts.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead, coordinate and manage provincial education and awareness to motivate target
audiences to prevent the spread of invasive species
• Develop education resources (signs, brochures etc.)
• Build web and social media presence and increase awareness of invasive species
• Research and write strategic funding applications
• Track and report on project activities, including budget management
• Plan and coordinate invasive species events
• Increase collaboration through organizing webinars, events, and meetings