Mammals of Prince Edward Island and Adjacent Marine Waters
ISBNS: 978-1-988692-31-9 (print) 978-1-988692-32-6 (electronic) 8 x 10, 354 pages, full colour illustrations, photos and range maps, soft cover, $49.95
Authors: Rosemary Curley, Pierre-Yves Daoust, Donald F. McAlpine, Kimberly Riehl, J. Dan McAskill
Publication date: December 2019 Island Studies Press at UPEI: upei.ca/isp
Distribution: Nimbus Publishing, Halifax
This long overdue book provides an in-depth guide to the Island’s terrestrial and marine mammals. Rooted in historical accounts and local research, this book illuminates the lives of PEI mammals large and small. From the Little Brown Myotis to the Sowerby’s Beaked Whale, this book highlights each species in illustrated detail and outlines the continued need for conservation efforts.
• French and Mi’kmaq species names
• 37 Terrestrial Mammals inlcuding Northern Flying Squirrel, Red Fox, River Otter, and Striped Skunk
• 28 Marine Mammals including Hooded Seal, Longfinned Pilot Whale, Beluga, and Bottlenose Dolphin
• Detailed description, diet, behaviour, history and status in the province, local sightings and research
• Range Maps and Tracks
• Full Colour Illustrations
Island Studies Press at UPEI upei.ca/isp firstname.lastname@example.org (902) 566-0386
Pre-sales for pickup in Charlottetown: 25% off until – Nov 30 $40 incl. tax
PO Box 2346
- You can order online through an easy two step process – first provide contact information below, which will come to us as an email once you click on the submit button.
- Then proceed to the Make Payment for Book link below for your PayPal payment. You don’t need a PayPal account as long as you have a credit card. The link below “Make Payment for Book” will take you to the Secure PayPal site.
Make Payment for Book